The Florida Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (FGLSAMP) is a National Science Foundation project that provides scholarships to under-represented undergraduate students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) majors. It is a coalition of twelve institutions in Florida and one in Georgia.
FGLSAMP Participation Guidelines:
- Be enrolled in one of the following areas:Biology, chemistry, computer engineering, information technology, engineering, mathematics, or physics (or be a graduate student enrolled in one of these areas).
- Maintain 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Make sure that your FGLSAMP student file is current (notify the office of all record changes).
- Make sure that your FAFSA is up to date (notify the office of any changes to your financial status).
- Participate in the annual FGLSAMP EXPO.
- Participate in the IGNITE retention program: FGLSAMP scholars must attend six IGNITE I-Socials in the fall and spring semesters.
- Participate in the RAMA mentoring program: FGLSAMP scholars must participate in a research project during the fall, spring and/or summer semesters. FGLSAMP scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a CECS faculty member who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their research experience.
- Annually, write a letter sharing your experience on how the FGLSAMP Program has benefitted you. Letters must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend ALL meetings scheduled by Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Prior to graduation, complete the FGLSAMP Graduating Scholars Survey.
- Go to MyUCF
- Click on Student Self Service
- Select Scholarship Application
- Open the Home Page