Since 1974, the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME) has provided leadership and support to increase the representation of African American, American Indian, and Latino women and men in engineering.
NACME Participation Guidelines:
- Attend ALL meetings scheduled by Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI).
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale:
- First Year Scholars: 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Second Year Scholars: 2.6 on a 4.0 scale
- Third Year Scholars: 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Fourth (and Fifth, if necessary) Year Scholars: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress: NACME scholars will receive support until graduation, or up to 10 semesters or 15 quarters. All scholars must be enrolled as a full-time, carrying a course load of at least 12 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters.
- Participate in the IGNITE retention program: NACME scholars must attend six IGNITE I-Socials in the fall and spring semesters.
- Participate in the RAMA mentoring program: NACME scholars must participate in an internship and/or research project in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters.
- Participate in an internship experience with a corporate mentor: NACME scholars must identify and notify ODI of a corporate representative who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their internship experience (in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters).
- Participate in a research experience with a CECS faculty mentor: NACME scholars must identify and notify ODI of a CECS faculty member who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their research experience (in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters).
- Participate in NACME’s Online Resume Directory: NACME scholars must upload and update their resumes in the NACME Online Resume Directory annually.
- Grant the university permission to release your academic transcript to NACME with the understanding that this transcript may be reviewed for appropriate academic progress.
- Annually, write a letter sharing your experience on how the NACME Program has benefitted you. Letters must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Grant permission to NACME and ODI for the use of your photo and its likeness for NACME and/or ODI publications and communications.
- Complete the NACME Exit Survey, prior to your graduation or withdrawal from the NACME program.
- Go to MyUCF
- Click on Student Self Service
- Select Scholarship Application
- Open the Home Page