The College of Engineering & Computer Science (CECS) is showing its commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity (EID) by forming and supporting the efforts of a new CECS EID Task Force. The following Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was completed by the Dean and Department Chairs of CECS to explicitly express their support and commitment to this new task force, which will be comprised of CECS students, staff, and faculty. At your earliest convenience, please review the EID Task Force MOU and the EID Task Force Proposal.
EID Task Force Mission
The EID Task Force mission is to identify and implement actionable strategies to transform the culture of CECS into one that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as promoting the success of under-represented groups within STEM.
EID Task Force Application
The EID Task Force has completed their recruitment process of selecting CECS students, staff, and faculty members to serve in the implementation of this new collegiate initiative. Consequently, the 2021-2022 EID Task Force membership application will become available in August 2021.
- Applicants must be a faculty, staff, or student in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum service term of the Fall and Spring semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate a prior commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Student members must be in good academic standing (above a 2.5 GPA for undergraduate students and above a 3.0 GPA for graduate students).
- Staff members must have approval from their direct supervisor and be eligible for OTPP: https://hr.ucf.edu/files/OTPP.pdf. For staff members, the activities of the taskforce must be secondary to their primary duties.