The Florida Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (FGLSAMP) is a National Science Foundation project that provides financial assistance to underrepresented undergraduate students majoring in STEM. Selected candidates will receive a $1,250 award.
FGLSAMP Participation Guidelines:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in pursuit of a degree in STEM.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average each semester.
- Participate in the UCF AAP Pre-Graduate School Knights Program and attend three FGLSAMP virtual sessions each academic year.
- Participate in the IMAGE mentoring program: Incoming FGLSAMP scholars must meet the requirements and expectations of IMAGE. Continuing FGLSAMP scholars have the option of participating in IMAGE. Please Note: If a continuing FGLSAMP scholar decides to participate in IMAGE, the student must fulfill the requirements and expectations of the program.
- Participate in DIVE: FGLSAMP scholars must participate in a research project during the fall, spring and/or summer semester. FGLSAMP scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a CECS faculty member who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their research experience.
- Participate in the Scholars’ Showcase: FGLSAMP scholars must participate in the CECS ODI Scholars’ Showcase. During this event, scholars will showcase their DIVE experience.
- Annually, write a letter sharing your experience on how the FGLSAMP Program has benefited you. Letters must be sent via email to Mirelys.Medina@ucf.edu.
- Attend ALL meetings scheduled by CECS ODI.
- Complete assessments of your experience in the FGLSAMP program.
If you are interested in being a recipient of the FGLSAMP Scholarship, please apply through the UCF student portal by July 26, 2021.