In order to meet its mission, the CECS Office of Diversity & Inclusion sponsors and collaborates with the following CECS Registered Student Organizations (CECS RSO):
Artificial intelligence (Ai)
- Mission- To foster a vibrant hotspot for the next generation of AI researchers and engineers at UCF. Weekly lecture-workshops on Intelligence (Biological/Artificial), Cognitive Science, and Data Science. For more information on AI, please visit https://ucfai.org/.
Association for computing MACHINERY-women in tech (ACM-W)
- Mission- To support, celebrate, and advocate internationally for the full engagement of women in all aspects of the computing field, providing a wide range of programs and services to members, and working in the larger community to advance the contributions of technical women. For more information on ACM-W, please visit https://ucfacmw.org/.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Mission- To advance technology for the benefit of all humanity. Our organization strives to bring opportunity to all our members by focusing on development in engineering, computer science, professionalism, and social service. For more information on IEEE, please visit http://ieee.cecs.ucf.edu/.
- Mission- To create a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive tech community. For more information on Knight Hacks, please visit https://knighthacks.org/.
National society of black engineers (NSBE)
- Mission- To retain a talented and successful chapter dedicated to personal, professional and academic growth. For more information on NSBE, please visit https://www.nsbeucf.org/.
Out in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (Ostem)
- Mission- To create and cultivate an environment where students at UCF, of all gender and sexual identities can unite, learn about various internship and employment opportunities, connect with a variety of professionals in STEM fields, and cultivate their personal and professional appearances to help maximize their success post-graduation. For more information on oSTEM, please visit https://ostemucf.wixsite.com/ostemucf.
Scholastic association of graduates in Engineers (SAGE)
- Mission- To work collaboratively with institutional leaders and corporate partners to enhance student success; advocate the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion in graduate education; and foster a sense of belonging amongst graduate students in engineering and computer science. For more information on SAGE, please visit https://diversity.cecs.ucf.edu/events/sage/.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Mission- To change lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development. For more information on SHPE, please visit https://www.shpeucf.com/about-us/.
Society of women engineers (SWE)
- Mission- To help students become aware of the opportunities available to them in engineering and STEM-related careers. SWE empowers women and men to aspire, advance, succeed, and be recognized for their life-changing contributions and achievements as engineers and leaders. For more information on SWE, please visit https://ucfswe.org/.
If you are interested in donating to one of our CECS RSO Partners, please email Dr. Gordon at email@example.com.