DIVE (Discover, Immerse, Visualize, and Excel in STEM) is a program designed to enhance the professional development of undergraduates who are in the process of pursuing a future career in STEM. Consequently, students within DIVE are expected to participate in a multidisciplinary research or internship experience while being mentored by a faculty member, graduate student or industry personnel.
As a DIVER, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Keep a record of your hours worked
- Meet with your supervisor regularly as directed
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of your workplace
- Journal your experience in assignments and/or project(s)
- Develop a research poster (if in research) or PowerPoint presentation (if in an internship) that reflects the work and the knowledge that you have gained through your research and internship activities
- Present your research poster (if in research) or PowerPoint presentation (if in an internship) during the CECS ODI Scholars’ Showcase