The CECS D&I Scholarship was designed to assist in the professional and academic development of future engineers and computer scientists. Selected candidates will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- Have a grade point average of a 3.0 or higher.
- Be a full-time student majoring in engineering or computer science.
- Have a membership with one of our partner CECS Registered Student Organizations.
- Participate in the IMAGE mentoring program: Incoming CECS D&I scholars must meet the requirements and expectations of IMAGE.
- Participate in DIVE: CECS D&I scholars must participate in an internship and/or research experience in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters that is multidisciplinary, innovative and/or entrepreneurial.
- Participate in an internship experience with a corporate mentor: CECS D&I scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a corporate representative who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their internship experience (in the fall and spring semesters). A PowerPoint must be completed.
- Participate in a research experience with a CECS faculty mentor: CECS D&I scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a UCF faculty member who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their research experience (in the fall and springs semesters). A research poster must be completed.
- Participate in the Scholars’ Showcase: CECS D&I scholars must participate in CECS ODI’s annual scholars’ showcase. During this event, scholars will present a research poster (if in a research position) or PowerPoint (if in an internship) that showcases their DIVE experience.