The TI Scholarship was designed to assist in the professional and academic development of future computer and electrical engineers. Selected candidates will receive a $2,500 scholarship.
- Attend ALL meetings scheduled by CECS ODI.
- Be a full-time junior majoring in electrical or computer engineering.
- Have a 3.0 grade point average.
- Participate in the IMAGE mentoring program: Incoming TI scholars must meet the requirements and expectations of IMAGE. Continuing TI scholars have the option of participating in IMAGE. Please Note: If a continuing TI scholar decides to participate in IMAGE, the student must fulfill the requirements and expectations of the program.
- Participate in IGNITE: TI scholars must attend six IGNITE sessions each academic year.
- Participate in DIVE: TI scholars must participate in an internship and/or research experience in the fall, spring and/or summer semesters that is multidisciplinary, innovative and/or entrepreneurial.
- Participate in an internship experience with a corporate mentor: TI scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a corporate representative who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their internship experience (in the fall and spring semesters). A PowerPoint must be completed.
- Participate in a research experience with a CECS faculty mentor: TI scholars must identify and notify CECS ODI of a UCF faculty member who has agreed to serve as a mentor for the duration of their research experience (in the fall and springs semesters). A research poster must be completed.
- Participate in the Scholars’ Showcase: TI scholars must participate in CECS ODI’s annual Scholars’ Showcase. During this event, scholars will present a research poster (if in a research position) or PowerPoint (if in an internship) that showcases their DIVE experience.
- Annually, write a letter sharing your experience on how the TI Scholarship Program has benefited you. Letters must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant permission to CECS ODI for the use of your photo and its likeness for CECS ODI publications and communications.
If you are interested in being a recipient of the Texas Instruments Scholarship, please apply through the myUCF student portal by June 30th, 2022.